September 11, 2001 – The day that changed the world…
Today marks the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks in 2001.
It was the first sustained attack on American soil since the bombing of ‘Pearl Harbor’ in 1941. The terrorist attacks in New York City and Washington DC and the downing of a hijacked plane in Pennsylvania shook the American nation and had global consequences.
15 years ago, 19 terrorists used four airliners as guided missiles and killed nearly 3,000 people. The lives of thousands were impacted by the events of that day, in ways both measurable and immeasurable. Many suffered shock and trauma, the loss of loved ones, businesses destroyed. First responders and rescue team members also suffered ongoing health consequences from working on ‘Ground Zero’, the site of the World Trade Center. The suicide attacks enveloped the United States in fear and agony. This massacre hit the heart of America and blasted away part of the most iconic skyline.
Timeline of the attacks
- 08:46 am – American Airlines Flight 11 strikes the North Tower (1 WTC), New York City
- 09:03 am – United Airlines Flight 175 strikes the South Tower (2 WTC), New York City
- 09:37 am – American Airlines Flight 77 strikes the Pentagon, Washington DC
- 09:59 am – South Tower (2 WTC) collapses
- 10:03 am – United Airlines Flight 93 crashes in Somerset County, PA
- 10:28 am – North Tower (1 WTC) collapses
In memory of all the innocent people who lost their lives during the 2001 September 11 attacks. A tribute to all firefighters, paramedics, police officers and all the brave men and women who helped during the rescue operations of these terrible events.
Quote: Imagine all the people, living life in peace… – John Lennon
As a tribute to a great nation, we decided to raise the flag. Check it out.
Did you enjoy this post? Share it! Thanks. ?